We recruit people for attitude and train for skills
We aim to recruit great people. We would rather make no appointment than appoint someone who is not suited to our ethos. For this reason, we clearly articulate our vision, values and expectations when putting together information for applicants and we always give a lot of attention to appointing the right person.
We aim to recruit staff who:
- are excited by their role and by the prospect of working with young people;
- love the processes of learning and teaching and are keen to continually develop their own skills;
- recognise that teaching can be a demanding job but react positively to those demands rather than complaining;
- will subscribe to the ethos of the Trust and ‘go the extra mile’ in terms of time and commitment to get the very best from our young people;
- see break duty as an opportunity to talk to children;
- are quick to praise and slow to criticise; and
- are not afraid to admit to seeing themselves as potential leaders of the future.
We know it’s a cliché, but we really do want to recruit people who will make a difference. Some of our children have not had the easiest start to their lives and they face barriers to learning. We are therefore looking for colleagues who are on a mission – the kind of people that make others smile because of their enthusiasm; the kind of people who will get satisfaction from seeing our children learn to do things that staff in other schools might take for granted. In return you will get a lot back from our young people – they are lovely – and you will be working for a Trust that will take an active interest in your development.
Finally, I am conscious that this may be your first contact with our Academy Trust and first impressions are very important. I hope what you read, coupled with anything else you discover about us, inspires you to apply to join us.
Andrew Cooper, Chief Executive
To view our current vacancies, please click here.
But don’t wait for a vacancy to arise! If you would like to work for us, you can send your CV and a covering letter, outlining any relevant experience and personal qualities you would would bring, to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can be sure we will take time and care in reading your letter; we appreciate how much energy goes into it.