About ESSA Primary
Essa Primary Academy is a free school for primary children aged 4-11 which opened in September 2014 in Bolton. We are part of the ESSA Foundation Academy Trust (EFAT) family. We are currently two-form entry (two classes of 30 children in each Year Group) from Reception to Year 3, and one-form entry (1 class of 30 children) in Year 4 and 5. We don’t currently have a Year 6 but we will be full two-form entry by September 2020. In January 2018 there were 291 (CHECK) pupils on roll.
All Will Succeed
- New school opened September 2014.
- We have developed our own bespoke curriculum based on the National Curriculum with adaptations to meet the needs of our children.
- Most year groups are now oversubscribed and we are proud to teach children from many different countries and cultures.
- A range of academic and social excursions enjoyed by all children to enhance the curriculum, including a school trips to Zoos, Museums and Pantomimes. Classes enjoy a visit or a trip every half-term.
- We run a Family iPad scheme which offers all KS2 children the loan of a mobile device to extend learning opportunities to home.
- Specialist teaching of PE, music and MFL from highly-skilled teachers through links with Essa Academy.
- Broad range of extra-curricular activities on offer such as Judo, computing, gardening, cooking, cricket and maths challenge.