Essa Primary Academy Admission Arrangements
We are delighted you are considering applying for a place at our academy for your child. Follow the links below to get information about admissions.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Admissions to Reception
The Essa Foundation Academies Trust is the admissions authority for our academy: Bolton MBC coordinates admission applications on behalf of the Trust. Full details of the application process and online application forms are available for downloading from Bolton MBC. The link is provided below.
A copy of EFAT’s admissions policy for Essa Primary Academy and full details of our oversubscription criteria can be downloaded using the link below.
In brief EFAT’s admissions policy for Essa Primary Academy and oversubscription criteria are:
- All Children will be admitted if there are sufficient places available.
- Children with a statement of special educational need or an Education, Health and Care plan, naming the academy will be admitted.
If there are insufficient places available priority will be given to:
- Looked after children (children in public care, or have been.
- Other children deemed vulnerable.
- Children with a sibling attending Essa Primary Academy or Essa Academy.
- Children with a proven medical or social need.
- Children of staff employed at Essa Primary Academy or Essa Academy.
- Children who live nearest to the academy.
- Tie breaker-geographical proximity to the academy.
Arrangements and Timetable
Essa Primary Academy is a new school and places are only available currently in Reception and Years 1-3 (Year 4 from September 2016 and Year 5 from September 2017). The number of places are only available for Reception admissions at Essa Primary is 60. Children can be admitted to Reception in the September flowing their fourth birthday. Parents have the right to defer taking up their child’s place until later in the year but may not defer entry beyond the beginning of the term after the child’s fifth birthday nor beyond the school year in which the place was allocated.
Arrangements and the timetable for normal time admission to Essa Primary Academy i.e admissions to Reception in September 2017 are:
By 12th September 2016 – Bolton MBC publishes a completed prospectus of all state funded school place in Bolton.
By 1st January* 2017 – Bolton MBC publishes arrangements for co-ordinating all admissions in Bolton.
By 15th January 2017 – Closing date for primary school applications.
On 16th April* 2017 – Offers of primary school places are made.
*or next working day.